I have always been interested in furthering my skills in EVE to include some form of manufacturing, and with T3 continuing to excel in W-Space and in the Alliance Tournament, I began looking at the first step in T3 production, Hybrid Polymer Reactions.
Here is a Quick-Guide and Video on an example Hybrid Polymer Reaction.
I have collected quite a bit of various Fullerite Gases, most at grade C-72 or Lower. If I continue to run Class 2 and 3 systems, the available gases will stay that way (i.e. I will not be seeing much C-28 or C-32 and no C-540 or C-320 at all). Based on that, I will be limited to the following reaction types:
- Lanthanum Metallofullerene
- PPD Fullerene Fibers
- Fullerene InterCalculated Graphite
After considering the inputs and outputs and current market prices, the only 3 that really make sense to produce are (in descending order of yield):
- PPD Fullerene Fibers
So, my next move will see me upgrading to a Large POS with all of the required reaction arrays:
- 2x Biochemical Silos
- 1x Silo
- 1x Hybrid Polymer Silo
- 1x Polymer Reactor Array
I will bring along all of my Artillery Batteries and anchor them, offlined in the event someone actually wants to burn the time and ammo in a C3 System to take on my hardened Large POS.
In case you are really paying attention and can see that this fit exceeds the max CPU, the answer is the refinery and all of the reaction arrays/silos will not be onlined all of the time, as I am trying to keep fuel burn to minimal as is feasible.
You may also be asking why the Medium Intensive Array instead of the larger size? Mostly because I already have the Medium Intensive Array (one less thing to buy and transport), also because the volume of ore I will be refining is relatively small compared to REAL/LEGIT refining POS's, and lastly because there is no difference in Refining Yield.
Obviously, the Hangar and Maintenance Array come with me from my current Medium POS.
Total investment into new equipment:
- 2x Biochemical Silos (36,000,000)
- 1x Silo (13,500,000)
- 1x Hybrid Polymer Silo (6,750,000)
- 1x Polymer Reactor Array (11,250,000)
- 1x Large Minmatar Control Tower (367,000,000)
- MethanoFullerene Reaction (13,500,000)
- 2x Explosion Dampening Array (18,000,000)
- 2x Ballistic Deflection Array (18,000,000)
- 2x Heat Dissipation Array (18,000,000)
- 2x Photon Scattering Array (18,000,000)
Ladar sites that I have seen containing these gases usually come in clouds of 3,000 units, so break-even would be just under 20 sites worth of reaction cycles of "Meth" (bad reference, but easier to type than MethanoFullerene), if prices remain stable.
And yes, EVE continues to definitely be a game of spreadsheets (assumes availability of 3,000 units each of C-72/C-50/C-84/C-70/C-60):
I am still 26 days from completing my Orca training, which will likely be a prerequisite to moving forward with the new endeavor, as there is no way I am going to haul all of this to the next system in my 2x max-cargo-expanded haulers at 13,000 m3 each per trip. ;-)
Until then, I will be continuing to work new spawns and adjoining systems. Time to try something new, as sleeper sites are getting a bit monotonous (but still profitable).
Comments welcome, as always!
(edit 12-15: Adding the Ladar site info):
- Barren has 3,000 C50 and 1,500 C60
- Token has 3,000 C60 and 1,500 C70
- Minor has 3,000 C70 and 1,500 C72
- Ordinary has 3,000 C72 and 1,500 C84
- Sizeable has 3,000 C84 and 1,500 C50
- Bountiful has 5,000 C28 and 1,000 C32
- Vast has 1,000 C28 and 5,000 C32
- Vital has 500 C320 and 6,000 C540
- Instrumental has 500 C540 and 6,000 C320