Monday, July 20, 2009

The thing about great wormholes...

...Is that they are in high demand.

If you recall from the prior post, I had been looking for a nice non-border WH (i.e. no High or Low-Sec exits/entrances), but happened upon a nicely packed Class 3, but it was a border system. RL has kept me busy and I have only cleared a handful of sites, which I cashed in for just under 400M ISK on a nice Amarr exit only 4 jumps to market hub. When I logged in tonight, I scanned down a small crew from Zero-G Operations Group working an Oruz Construct site. I watched them work on sleepers for a while (cloaked) and then convo'd them.

After some obligatory smattering of smack talk (funny), we briefly chatted about why they were not working class 4's - If I can clear Class 3 sites solo w/Alt, I am still not clear on why teams capable of doing so still run lower-class WH systems. I think one pilot claimed availability, but every good crew like that has a good probe pilot, and there was a nice juicy C4 exit from this system. they did not even realize it was a Class 3...

Anyways, props to bringing a lot of firepower (3 Drakes + Hurricane + Salvager), which should make clearing sites go faster, but if it is that much easier, I say go for the more challenging systems and reap the higher reward. Otherwise, it just seems like brainless ratting. I got tired of Class 2's and move to Class 3's for this reason.

Side note: Interesting to observe that although my POS setup cost around 150M ISK, because I have made close to 10 Billion ISK with the investment, I had no real concerns about losing the POS if a crew wanted to take it down. In the brief smack talk, one pilot threatened to "bring in bombers" to take down the POS, and I replied "Feel free"... Kind of strange to care less if 150M ISK goes poof - but the same rule should apply to POS as ships - if you cannot afford to lose it, don't risk it...

Shout out to Zero-G: GL and happy sleeper hunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment